The application procedure is open until the 14th of March 2018.
You can apply if you are:
- A student from research-oriented universities (WO) and universities of applied sciences (HBO) in The Netherlands
- A young professional with less than 5 years of working experience
- Bachelor 2+ student
This competition is focused on cross-sector learning so we welcome people from all sorts of different (academic) backgrounds.
Step 1 – Register
Go to https://smo.gribb.io/event/rotterdam100 to register and sign up. This way you don’t have to fill in all the application steps at once. We will remember you now and the steps you’ve taken. The next time you visit the application page you’ll see that the steps you’ve already taken are still filled in.
* Make sure to check your spambox for your password
Step 2 – Finalize your information
Fill in your personal details, education and interests. Please note that you have to upload your CV and linkedIn. When you submit this form we assume you accept our conditons.
Step 3 – Golden Ticket and Case preference
Fill out 10 extra questions and tell us your case preference.
* This will happen after applications are closed
The selected people will be invited for the Matchmaking Day on April 6th.
The Rotterdam100 takes you on a unique journey through the entrepreneurial, business and scientific life. You will get opportunities to:
- Visit leading companies
- Meet the present and future leaders
- Get trained by experts and business leaders
- Build a new app, product or business concept
- Develop yourself on personal and business level
- 14th of March 2018 | Application Deadline
The selected people will be invited for the Matchmaking Day.
- 06th of April 2018 | Matchmaking Day
- April – May | In-house Days
- 24th & 25th of May 2018 | 24 Hour Creation Battle and Grand Final
We select 250 applicants to the Selection Day and they will:
- Receive pitch training by Eldridge Labinjo
- Pitch in front of business leaders of leading companies
- Network with startups, corporates and the municipality
Eventually 100 participants will be chosen as the Rotterdam100
About the day…
During the pitch training, participants receive tips & tricks on how to pitch, set goals and inspire people.
After a short break it’s time for you to pitch yourself to get selected for individual interviews with one or more of our case partners. You also have the oportunity to network with 40 other start ups and successful businesses! The individual interview are conducted by representatives from leading companies such as CGI, ABN AMRO, Humanitas, Port of Rotterdam,Unilever and more.
We end the day with drinks together with startups, leading companies and the municipality.
The Rotterdam100 2017-2018 will then be announced!
Date | 06th of April 2018
Location | Rotterdam Science Tower
24 Hour Creation Battle and Grand Final
The Rotterdam100 will be divided into 25 multidisciplinary teams and each team:
- Receives in-depth workshops on their case
- Creates a solution for their business case in 24 hours
- Meets CEOs and top advisors from the most innovative companies
Such as former Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende and KPN CFO Jan Kees de Jager
About this battle…
In this battle the Rotterdam100 will work in multidisciplinary teams and create solutions such as apps, products and business concepts for our challenging business cases.
During 24 boosting hours, our professionals will give the Rotterdam100 workshops in idea generation, value proposition and business modeling! They will meet up with IT, finance, engineering, marketing and sales experts and use all their new skills and knowledge during their casework time.
Of course we make sure everyone will be powered up the whole day by having all kind of fun activities, workshops and motivational speakers during the entire day and night.
At the end of these 24 hours,in the teams present their solutions in a spectacular way to the case owners, i.e. our partner companies. The judges will select the final four teams for the Get in the Ring battle!
About the final …
During this event the final four teams pitch to win:
- The title ‘Rotterdam’s Most Excellent’
- An all inclusive trip to the Global Get In The Ring Final in Portugal!
- A personal recommendation letter from Mayor Aboutaleb as Rotterdam’s Most Excellent 2018!
The final contains a real life Get in the Ring event in which the remaining teams pitch their develop solutions in front of a prominent jury.
An exciting 24 Creation Battle full with inspiring speakers, pitch battles and the Next Economy will end with crowning the winner of the Rotterdam100 2017-2018! A great end to a program full of networking and inspiration!
Date | 24th & 25th of May 2018
Location | Rotterdam Science Tower